Getting an LED showerhead for my bathroom is the best investment I have made recently. Taking showers have just got more fun for me and my family, and it’s all thanks to this technology. The illuminating lights create a sight to behold while making my bathroom feel relaxing.
Based on my experience, buying the showerhead is your best bet if you want to change your shower experience. It is even better if you have kids who detest taking a bath as they will love taking a shower under those beaming lights.
- 1 Best LED Shower Head Reviews
- 1.1 1. MagicShowerhead SH1026 – shower heads with led lighting
- 1.2 2. DreamSpa – illuminated shower head
- 1.3 3. DreamSpa AquaFan – led lighting shower head
- 1.4 4. PowerSpa Luminex – shower head that changes color
- 1.5 5. Ana Bath – led handheld shower head
- 1.6 6. Pission – color changing led shower heads
- 1.7 7. Fywonder-US – shower head that light up
- 1.8 8. Rozin – led rainfall shower head
- 2 Buying Guide to the Best LED Shower Head
- 3 How does a LED Shower Head Work?
- 4 How to Install a LED Shower Head
- 5 How to Fix a Faulty LED Shower Head
- 6 Final Notes
In this long article, I have picked some of the best LED shower heads for you. You also get to know how it works so that when all else fails, you will be able to check the fault and fix it yourself.
Best LED Shower Head Reviews
1. MagicShowerhead SH1026 – shower heads with led lighting
Add vibrant colors to your bath just by installing the MagicShowerhead in the bathroom.
These colors softly fade out one after another to create a beautiful flow of color that is pleasing to the eyes as they create a relaxing and luxurious feel to your bathroom.
The MagicShowerhead is powered by water pressure. This means that it does not need a battery or electricity to run. Besides being friendly to the environment, it also allows you to save on energy costs. The light beaming from this showerhead is enough to light up the bathroom.
This showerhead is easy to maintain and clean as it has a removable lens. Other features include a swivel connector and ABS chrome which are suitable for a standard shower pipe.
2. DreamSpa – illuminated shower head
DreamSpa is one of the most advanced brands available today. Its best feature is the temperature sensor that makes the shower head change color when water temperature changes. This means that you can effortlessly check the water temperature by just following the color of the light on the shower head.
It is beautifully designed to bring out a luxurious look for your bathroom. It is powered by the pressure of the water and has an economy rain & water-saving feature that will definitely save you water and electricity costs.
If you love shower massages, this is what you should look for. The pulsating massage feature will give you a spa-like shower experience. Its extra-large 5.25 chrome face ensures that water hits a large surface area which translates to a more convenient shower experience.
The DreamSpa shower head is also easier to clean, install and maintain.
3. DreamSpa AquaFan – led lighting shower head
This LED shower head is what you need to turn your bathroom into a luxurious spa. Its 12-inch curved fan design brings out that elegant look for your bathroom. The LED color display also makes your bathroom glow.
This comes with 123 easy-to-clean jets for that rainfall experience. These features ensure that you get a shoulder-to-shoulder coverage when taking your shower. It is also angle-adjustable which means that you can take your shower at your most convenient spot. This is a high velocity showerhead that changes color if your water temperature changes.
The showerhead turns blue once the water is below 35° C or 95° F , green when it is between 95 and 109° F, and red when it is 109°F – 122° F. When the temperature goes beyond 122° F, it will start blinking to indicate that the water is too hot. It requires no power to operate.
4. PowerSpa Luminex – shower head that changes color
The Luminex by PowerSpa surpasses all when it comes to its range of color patterns. It has 24 sets of color changing patterns with 7 dazzling colors that gradually fade from one to another.
It comes with a handheld showerhead that is easily removable from its overhead bracket. This ensures that you can hold it up close for easier rinsing. The fact that you can adjust the angle of both the showerheads gives you the pleasure of taking your shower from any direction.
The shower head comes with four features: a water-saving pause, massage, rain, and massage/rain. With 48 elastic rub-clean nozzles that supply energy to the water flow, you are ensured of a maximum water pressure. This 3-way water diverter shower head comes with a chrome finish and stainless steel hose for durability.
5. Ana Bath – led handheld shower head
The best way to transform your bathroom is by investing in the Ana Bath LED two headed shower head. It will leave you with a memorable shower experience with its five different functions. They include massage, bubbling, saturating, saturating/bubbling combination, and saturating/bubbling sprays.
This will help you save on water as you enjoy showering in a colorful bathroom with its water-saving technology. It is powered by the pressure of the water while the colors are bright enough to light up the room. This means that you can save more on energy costs.
The shower head comes with a 3-way diverter mount.
Installation is easy and does not require any tool or professional help.
6. Pission – color changing led shower heads
The Pission shower head is the answer if you are looking for a LED shower head. It is one of the best innovations in this bathroom-changing technology.
You will love indulging in a relaxing shower in a bathroom lit up by colors that fade slowly after each other. It is a spectrum of solid and different color combinations. In fact, the colors are so bright that you do not need to put the lights on as you shower. The atmosphere that it creates is one that is soothing and relaxing.
It comes with three spray patterns setting that will help you adjust the water flow to your liking. The water flow will, in turn, power on the lights thus allowing you to save more on electricity.
The Pission shower head is made of lightweight materials to avoid bulkiness. It also conveniently connects to a standard overhead shower arm.
7. Fywonder-US – shower head that light up
If you want a shower head that cares about your health, then the Fywonder shower head is your best choice. It’s a high-quality shower head that comes with a water purification feature.
The high-pressure ionic filtration technology gets rid of all impurities in the water which improves its quality. You will find that your hair and skin feels softer after using this one.
It has a DIY installation procedure that requires no tools. You just have to unscrew your old shower head and replace it with this awesome product. It is made of thickened materials to make it super light and durable, not to mention they’re also environment-friendly.
Besides saving water and electricity, you will transform your bathroom with a series of 7 bright colors that flash softly. It creates an atmosphere that you will fall in love with.
8. Rozin – led rainfall shower head
The Rozin 12-inch shower head will transform your bathroom experience without breaking the bank. Besides made of high-quality materials, it will give you a break from the usual circular-shaped shower heads with its beautiful square design.
This showerhead relies on the water flow to work, which only means that you don’t have to connect it to a nearby power outlet or use batteries.
You can actually observe the color changes to determine the temperature of the water. The lights changing to 7 seven different colors are appetizing to the eye. In addition, they will lighten up your bathroom if you are the type that fears to shower in the dark.
Interesting Read: If you need to know about the best showerheads for your motorhome we have it covered.
Buying Guide to the Best LED Shower Head
I think we all can agree that the LED shower head technology is the best treat we can give our bathrooms. As mentioned, they differ in features from one another. The question is, how do you know the one that will give you the best value for your money? Here are some factors you should consider:
- Your personal preferences – bathrooms have different décors depending on your personality and lifestyle. In the same way, shower heads vary in design from elegant to contemporary. You need to choose an LED shower head that best complements the design, size, and shape of your bathroom.
- Your desired experience – the main purpose of a showerhead is to give you your preferred shower experience which can be either visual or emotional. If you want your bathroom to look and feel beautiful, go for a good-looking design. Different shapes and sizes will give you different shower experiences. For instance, a large shower head that covers a wide surface area will give you a waterfall-like water flow.
- Your budget – it goes without saying that quality comes with a price. You can translate this to mean that the higher an item is priced, the better the quality is. While this may be true, it does not mean that you have to spend more just to buy a good shower head.
There are actually quality models that are pocket-friendly. You simply need to check your budget and compare various products to ensure that you can get a good shower head at a low price.
- The shower head’s durability – shower heads come in different materials. While some are durable, others will not last for long. If you want your shower head to last for years, go for ones made of metal, brass, copper, or ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene).
- Power mode – consider the power source that the shower head uses. Those that are hydro-powered only need water pressure for them to work. On the ones, those that are powered by electricity are definitely an added expense in your monthly power costs.
- Settings, features, and accessories – a shower head’s settings give it different functionalities. The more the settings and features there is, the more capabilities it can have. A showerhead that gives you different spray patterns is most likely to have a temperature sensor which is also adjustable.
Accessories such as a long hose and a handheld showerhead provide a more convenient shower and better rinsing. These are items that you really need to consider when buying one.
- Colors available – what’s an LED shower head without the colors? It is actually the main reason that you would consider buying one. You need to consider your most preferred colors. You also need to ask how the pattern beams. For instance, try to find out if they change automatically and the duration they take.
How does a LED Shower Head Work?
Most brands available in the market use hydropower energy. This means that they use the water flowing through them as their power source. The shower heads have a tiny turbine that generates power from the water that flows through them. The power, in turn, lights up the LED lights.
These shower heads are programmed differently according to the manufacturer. There are those that are programmed to display all colors at once. Others are designed to display one color at a time, following each other after a specified period of time.
The latter usually has an installed temperature sensor. The sensor is designed to change color according to the temperature of the water. The most commonly used colors are red to signify hot and blue for normal temperatures. Colors indicating warm water vary from green, purple, or pink depending on the manufacturer. Most shower heads have a flashing red warning when the water hits high temperatures.
How to Install a LED Shower Head
Usually, installing an LED shower head is a DIY activity that requires less effort. You don’t need to call a plumber to do it for you unless it fails to work. Below is how you can install one in your shower room.
- Using a wrench, loosen the nuts of the existing shower head. Remove it carefully so it doesn’t fall on the floor and cause cracks.
- Use a steel wool to clean the threads that are found at the base of your shower faucet. Check for any waste remains that have collected around the threads. Be sure to protect your floor from dirt with a newspaper or a piece of cloth.
- With a thread tape, wrap the faucet threads to create a grip on the new shower head. The thread tape usually comes with the new shower head.
- Put the “O” rubber ring that comes with it at the water connection point to prevent leakage and increase the pressure of the water.
- Place the new shower head on the threads and use a wrench to tighten it well.
- Finally, do not forget to test if the shower head together with its accessories are working. Check for any leaks, and check if the colors are working properly as well as the built-in temperature sensor.
How to Fix a Faulty LED Shower Head
When your shower head stops working, it will without a doubt limit your fun in the bathroom. Therefore, you need to fix it to continue enjoying your showers. Before you embark on the repairs, you need to first understand what caused the problem. This will help you determine the kind of fixing required.
One of the causes of a faulty shower head is a water gunk or a buildup of salts and grime. All you need is to clean them up with vinegar or CLR. If you are using vinegar, mix it with warm water at a ratio of 3:1 water to vinegar.
Remove the shower head and soak it in the mixture for some time. This will ensure all the salt buildup is dissolved. If you are using CLR, mix with warm water at a ratio of 1:1. Hold the mixture to the shower head for 2 minutes.
Another cause could be a faulty part that needs replacement. If this is the case, unscrew the old part and replace with a new one. Be sure to turn off the water at the faucet to make your work easier. The shower head can stop working if the water pressure is unstable. Just ensure that the water pressure is sufficient to turn on the LEDs.
LED shower heads are a worthy investment to get that cozy and elegant look for your bathroom. It is all you need to have a spa-like shower in the comfort of your home.
With a variety of these shower heads in the market, it can be a daunting task to determine which one to buy. This review has put together the most reliable guide that will help you purchase the best LED shower head for your bathroom.